Corporate Communications at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: waterbury, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The VP ofCorporate Communicationswill provide external communications support to a designated line of business. This role requires both aligning Webster Bank communications with enterprise-wide goals and bringing a strategic perspective to broader communications initiatives. The successful candidate will have experience supporting executives in a regulated industry.
1. Responsible for supporting reputation management efforts including crisis communications.
2. Build and execute PR strategies and campaigns for reputation management, advocacy and government affairs.
3. Develop core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of corporate communications, including internal communications.
4. Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
5. Act as company spokesperson for corporate, LOB and philanthropic and community affairs.
6. Manage inquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations.
7. Organize promotional events in support of marketing activities.
8. Speak publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations.
9. Analyze media coverage and create reporting for metric reporting.
10. Identify relevant market research and identify opportunities to showcase Webster Bank as a thought leader in the industry.
11. Collaborate with marketing to develop the advertising, marketing and promotion plans.
12. Develop social media strategies.
13. Interface with clients, agencies, marketing team about budgets, timetable, and objectives.
14. Write and/or produce presentations, press releases, articles, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field required.
2. 10+ years experience in a corporate communications role.
3. Banking or financial services experience preferred.
4. Experience working within a marketing function.
5. Experience working with the c-suite level.
6. Ability to clearly articulate corporate messages to various external audiences required.
7. Knowledge of current legal, regulatory, financial, and compliance requirements related to corporate communications.