Senior Embedded Products/Software Test Engineer* (Monroe, NC) at 3M
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: monroe, North Carolina
3M is seeking a Senior Embedded Products/Software Test Engineer for the Scott Safety group located in Monroe, NC. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Senior Embedded Products/Software Test Engineer is responsible for end-to-end testing of embedded product solutions. These solutions may include individual products, IOS & Android mobile applications and/or Windows applications. This position requires the ability to work across a variety of products which include: respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and personal protective equipment (PPE). This candidate should have experience implementing best practice methods and techniques for all phases of product testing. The position of Senior Embedded Products/Software Test Engineer at Scott Safety has the unique opportunity and responsibility to provide technical leadership and innovation to craft simple, elegant solutions to complex embedded product testing.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the creation of, and building of the engineering testing laboratory
- Testing of complex embedded product solutions, mobile and Windows applications
- Ensure solution meets engineering requirements, define test requirements and processes
- Communicate to Program Engineering and Program Management accepted ideas for implementation, status of existing ideas and overall performance to target
- Creative engineer with superb problem solving and analytical skills
- Manages own time to accomplishes goals on schedule
- Is flexible with change and embraces challenges with an open mind
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in product testing
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in developing test plans for product solutions that consist of embedded products
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering Technology from an accredited university
- Experience in testing wired and wireless communications and utilizing test harnesses (e.g. Modbus, HART, WiHART, ZigBee)
- Experience with test frameworks
- Experience in testing complex embedded products, including electro-mechanical systems which may include a variety of sensors (e.g. MEMS, Transducers)
- Experience in developing test plans for product solutions that consist of mobile & Windows
- Designing Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and Software in the Loop (SIL) testers
- Writing regression tests (for HIL and SIL) to support new and existing features
- Designing and performing random/out of bounds tests
- Experience with version control tools (e.g. git, svn)
- Experience with tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, TFS)
- Experience with LabView
- Experience in automated testing for mobile (iOS/Android) and Windows applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects under time constraints
- Very strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and engage with people quickly
- Experience working in a geographically diverse development organization with multi-disciplinary teams
Location: Monroe, NC
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
See job description.