Sr. Level Designer at Toys for Bob Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novato, California
Toys for Bob is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Senior Level Designer to join our fun-loving studio. We are looking for a passionate veteran who loves collaborating with a team to craft engaging level environments and scenarios.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate closely with fellow designers, level artists, programmers, animators, visual effects artists, and producers to create memorable, imaginative levels that are fun to play.
- Create engaging gameplay that utilizes the characters and environments in a manner that complements overall game design.
- Become an expert at the tools we are using to build the game.
- Push to exceed audience’s expectations – show a passion to elevate the fun factor to new heights
- Tirelessly polish, debug, and tune gameplay – the final 10% is where the magic lies.
- Model first-pass level geometry, terrain, and props for game environments.
- Craft exceptional scenarios using NPC’s, powerups, enemies, and props.
- Implement design vision with systematic solutions that can be widely adopted. Document and evangelize their use.
- Assist, inspire, and mentor less experienced designers – help to establish and teach best practices
Requirements for this role include:
- 5+ years of game design experience
- Experience developing and shipping multiple AAA console games
- You’ve played and created enough games that you have a deep understanding of what’s fun and what’s not fun – and why.
- You’ve got a lot of first-hand experience scripting and/or programming languages to craft gameplay. And you enjoyed yourself.
- You’ve proven your ability to communicate effectively both in writing and speaking.
- You’ve proven your passion for creating great games by having made something that you’re proud of – and you can explain why.
You will really get our attention if you demonstrate the following:
- Excellence in communication and collaboration (clarity, flexibility, understanding, accuracy, receptiveness, reasonableness)
- Desire and the proficiency to become an expert at the toolset
- Passion for creating excellent gameplay (understanding of fun, willingness to hear critical feedback, love of iteration, player first)
- Energy, enthusiasm, and optimism to overcome tough challenges and make things better
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the “Toys to Life” genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!