Senior UX Designer - Treyarch
at Treyarch Corporation
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio's successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
Senior UX Designer
Treyarch is looking for a passionate and talented user experience designer to build compelling and accessible interfaces for our games. As Senior UX designer you will contribute to the vision for how players experience the game. You will work directly with the Design Leads and Directors of the game as well as teams across the studio to ensure that all aspects of the game’s interface are easily understood and support the goals of the game.
- Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
- Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and low-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts for discussion and testing purposes.
- Collaborate with artists to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning.
- Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide.
- Produce finished design specs with detailed requirements and use cases for final game user interface, including in-game UI (e.g. HUD).
- 3+ years of experience as an interface or user experience designer for games, software, mobile or internet applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles to design a complete interface for all game features that is functional, usable, appealing, and accessible.
- Awareness of trends in hardware and operating systems, interface design, interactive design, and competitive software to help identify opportunities for innovation.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines.
- Ability to observe, understand and translate research into actionable insights for interface improvements.
- Solid skills with Adobe illustrator or similar program.
- Game industry experience designing UI for games, preferably on the console.
- Game industry experience designing gameplay systems of any sort.
- Formal information architecture or user centered design training.
- Graphic design skills.
- Passion for gaming with an eye to how user experience contributes to the success and accessibility of games.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.