Account Executive, Public Affairs at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
For over six decades, Edelman has helped to build and position some of the biggest corporate and product brands in the world. Edelman pioneered the concept of public engagement – the intersection of public affairs and public relations that shifts perceptions and changes behavior. Today, Edelman is recognized as a leader in helping clients to engage in constructive social dialogue on some of the world’s most critical issues.
Edelman New York's Corporate & Public Affairs practice seeks a stellar Account Executive (AE) to join the Public Affairs team. This is an opportunity for a smart, self-starting, detail-oriented AE to work on some of the world’s largest and well-known brands, as well as smaller start-ups and organizations, and be a part of a team of strategists, activists, and innovators.
- Contribute to creation of traditional and digital communications plans that meet client objectives
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Build relationship with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Demonstrate understanding of and implement public engagement and social media tools
- Establish media relationships; demonstrate network of traditional and online media contacts
- Supervise staff junior to you on projects
- Participate in new business process including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of full-time, relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including politics, advertising, management consulting, or media.
- Solid media relations skills, developing relationships with media and applying experience and initiative to develop traditional and digital media strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate amongst teams
- Ability to meet deadlines and act quickly
- Ability to delegate and accurately judge and edit the work of others
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field