Banquet Houseperson at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Description SummaryPerforms general clean up tasks, maintains banquet rooms and other areas and hotel in general. Responsible for collecting and distributing linens, setting up meeting space as well as fulfilling any additional guest requests.
Key Job Functions
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned by a manager to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager, such as cleaning unexpected spills, restocking closets, or moving linen, waste and operational supplies.
- Assist with any operational duties to execute special guest requests.
- Clean areas and perform duties not included in the standard work description to resolve unexpected operational situations.
- Work closely with team members and members of the management team on projects.
- Comply with the standards of the Hotel
- Maintain banquet rooms and employee areas; ensure compliance with all established standards, related to cleanliness, maintenance, safety and security.
- Report and correct any observed discrepancy to established standards.
- Collect and distribute linens, stock in proper locations, keep track of inventories for the day.
- Remove waste from the service areas.
- Clean assigned areas by using correct equipment and designated cleaning chemicals, according to regulations and requirements.
- Provide guests with requested items and supplies.
- Set up event rooms as per BEO guidelines.
- Confirm set up with Captain or manager prior to events.
- Gather and bring to the event space all supplies required for the event: including tables, linens, chairs, pens, note pads, water glasses, mint bowls or anything outlined in the BEO.
- Set up and break down all furniture and equipment in event spaces as per BEO.
- Set up and remove required AV equipment provided by the hotel including but not limited to: projectors, screens, power strips, VGA cords, flip charts.
- Set up water pitchers and re-fresh during events.
- Break down and store all equipment in designated storage spaces.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of banquet storage spaces.
- Assist management with operational duties.
- From time to time assist other positions in the hotel, such as banquet server, and banquet bar back with duties as needed and as assigned by Manager.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.