Corporate Counsel at Equifax Inc.
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers with insight and information they can trust. Equifax organizes and assimilates data on more than 600 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide. The company's significant investments in differentiated data, its expertise in advanced analytics to explore and develop new multi-source data solutions, and its leading-edge proprietary technology enable it to create and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers. Headquartered in Atlanta, Equifax operates or has investments in 19 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500® Index. Its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol EFX. In 2013, Equifax was named a Bloomberg BusinessWeek Top 50 company, was #3 in Fortune's Most Admired list in its category, and was named to InfoWeek 500 as well as the FinTech 100. For more information, please visit www.equifax.com. Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Title: Equifax Inc. – Corporate Counsel
Summary: This Corporate Counsel role will involve consulting on contract matters that are handled by the Equifax Contract Administration team, as well as negotiating, drafting, and documenting customer facing transactions within the standard Equifax business and risk framework. The successful candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and must be adept at identifying key legal issues, finding creative solutions to complicated legal problems, and effectively communicating the same to internal stakeholders and customers. The successful candidate will also be willing to take on department projects and initiatives designed to improve legal service delivery within the enterprise.
- Strong skills and deep experience in drafting and negotiating complex customer facing commercial agreements, including master services agreements, statements of work, licenses, non-disclosure agreements, and other supporting documents
- Experience handling transactions in the data, analytics, professional services, technology or financial services industries strongly preferred, but not required
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply innovative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound, practical business judgment while working autonomously
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions to complex legal and business challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills essential
- Ability to work independently, but in a team environment
- Law degree from ABA accredited law school and membership in good standing of any state bar; State Bar of Georgia is preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience, preferably at a large law firm
See Job Description