at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Job Description Summary
Supervises all Kitchen and Stewarding employees. Ensures that all kitchen areas are properly organized, cleaned and maintained to hotel and applicable Florida State laws at all times. All supervisors are considered working supervisors in which they are expected to cook, clean and assist in providing a memorable dining experience.
Principle duties and responsibilities (Essential Functions) include:
- Key Job Functions
- Become the point of contact in the absence of the Banquet Chef or Executive Chef
- Inspects the HACCP process and takes corrective actions where necessary and evaluates any breakdowns or deviations in order to correct any further deficiencies.
- Inspects the set-up of food displays (including but not limited to buffets) to ensure that the items are displayed in accordance with the highest quality and applicable state food codes.
- Assists with daily inventories of high usage products and assists with the ordering of them.
- Inspects and zones the coolers for organization and especially any aging foods and quickly puts in place a usage plan to decrease waste through improper rotation or storage.
- Takes inventory of, sets the levels, and helps prepare as needed the ingredients on the daily production list of the line map. Ensures that the ingredients are prepared according to the recipes and that they are fresh, turned over, covered, labeled and stored correctly.
- Assists each station as needed.
- Take the lead during peak times and be able to judge where help is most effective.
- Assists the Executive Chef with new menu items training especially with ingredient readiness, recipe adherence, technique execution and presentation all in a timely fashion.
- Assists in the lowering of food cost and waste.
- Ensure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Fulfill guest requests for preparation of menu items and special requests.
- Assists with the storage and delivery of goods in the coolers, and dry storage.
- Assists with the cleanliness and upkeep of the kitchen areas to include stewarding and halls.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during meal periods, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Report to Supervisor any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of any equipment or restaurant.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Ability to open and close the kitchen shift assigned.
- Must know the menu and be able to describe the items to guests and employees.
- Maintain an awareness of all functions, events and meetings taking place at any given time.
- Control heavy volume at the kitchen.
- Ability to utilize cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine and knives.
- Ability to utilize the following appliances which include but are not limited to the oven, grill/stove burners, microwave.
- Interior of hotel, in restaurant and kitchen areas, with exposure to humidity, steam and extreme temperatures.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Pushing of supply carts, carrying boxes and supplies.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest or client experience.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time for training and safety purposes, and when interacting with guests and associates.
- Strong communication skills.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.