Professional Services Project Manager
at Diebold, Inc.
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
As a Project Solutions Manager, you will be responsible for performing as a business manager representing Diebold Nixdorf's business interests in a project environment. Manages Implementation Project professional service engagements for customer projects. These business management activities include acting as the main customer interface, coordinating project implementation deliverables, interfacing with subcontractors and internal resources, establishing and meeting schedules, ensuring and measuring customer satisfaction with the Implementation Project Services delivered.
Some essential functions of this position include:- Provides input to the product salesperson for change order processing that is within the scope of the order
- Assembles and directs the project team to stay within the target margin or budgeted cost
- Develops project plan with customer, including schedule, specific responsibilities of each party, deliverables, terms of acceptance, etc
- Ensures that the project team is trained in Diebold Nixdorf's policies, standards, and procedures and that they are practiced in everyday project activities
- Provides management and leadership for all service delivery personnel during the project. Usually acts as a decision maker in matters of conflict or ambiguity.
- Provides focal point for project problem resolution and escalation
- Ensures the acceptance of project deliverables are consistent with customer expectations. Receives formal sign-off from customer indicating acceptance of deliverables and provides formal turnover to Account Team and Operating Teams.
- Solicits formal customer feedback on satisfaction with the quality of the services delivered
- Creates timely, accurate, and complete project reports for account team and customer management
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4-6 years progressively responsible experience in project management and/or project coordination for system integration or professional services programs
- Past experience in delivering professional services such as consulting, system implementation, software support, network design or installation, etc.
- PMP certification highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written customer communication skills required
- Strong technical skills and understanding of technology such as software, networking, and systems development required
- Very detailed and organized
- Ability to utilize sophisticated project management tools, such as Gantt charts, PERT charts, OBS, RBS and WBS
- Excellent skills in interacting with people
- Ability to lead team(s) and influence rather than just manage
- Multi-tasking capability. Must be able to handle more than one project and/or task in unison.
- Ability to act in an autonomous role with little, if any, direct oversight
- Experience in delivering professional services, i.e software support
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.