Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Through Westfield’s exciting development pipeline, the company is building a network of event ready venues at Flagship properties, transforming shopping center environments by creating places to experience world class entertainment. Century City, one of the most iconic Westfield flagship properties, incorporates over 18,000 SF of event spaces and hosts over 100 events annually.
We are looking for a strong Event Manager to join our team and help us manage multiple events, start to finish. This person will be involved in site visits, client management, staffing and coordination of load in and load out, and budget reconciliation.
Job Summary / Key Objective –
Lead as project manager, guiding and advising team members and colleagues from other internal departments to execute all aspects, including time line, budget and onsite logistics for assigned events throughout venue locations. Events include, but or not limited to, galas, premieres, concerts, fashion shows, experiential activations and retailer events.
The list that follows is comprehensive; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of the position. Incumbents may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Job Description/Duties -
• Manage team members in either a project or performance management capacity
• Maintain regular event and production meetings focusing on contract updates/reports, expected and ongoing project timelines and detailed expectations/assignments
• Identify best-value programming content to maximize budget potential and meet/exceed programming requirements
• Utilize Salesforce and other internal systems in order to manage the event contracts and contacts
• Maintain regular communication regarding day-to-day and event needs with Director of Events, project team and venue stakeholders
• Work and coordinate activities with internal teams including management, marketing, brand partnerships, legal, risk and finance in the delivery of the events programs
• Responsible for day-to-day risk and legal paperwork required for vendors hired to support a specific meeting or event, including production companies, ground transportation vendors, and entertainment companies
• Ensure sound business decisions support all projects to enhance revenue and any capital investment requirements
• Support the Director of Events in developing and maintaining the creative event strategy and events calendar for venue
• Manage, track and forecast event budgets including technical element data on a case-by-case basis
• Develop an intimate understanding of overall event infrastructure and systems to ensure effective use and proper utilization
• Responsible for events outside the regular business days. May require considerable hours over 40 per week. Evening and weekend hours are required. Attendance and hands-on supervision is expected to be managed by the Director and the Team, including overseeing loading in and out, and production management.
• Moderate physical activity. Required to push, pull or lift medium weights. Uncomfortable working positions such as stooping, crouching and bending. Exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
• 5+ years events and project management, sponsorship, venue management and media experience and experience in managing hourly staff
• Strong project management skills with proven track record to lead grand scale complex events including timing plans, setting and managing deadlines, communicating progress with regular status reports and flagging and managing issues during the process
• Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, manage multiple projects simultaneously, set and manage priorities, and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, communication and client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal skills, and proven sales ability while maintaining a positive, persuasive, client-focused and professional manner is essential
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must demonstrate strong problem solving and solutions-oriented decision making skills
• Successful experience in budget administration and team management
• Ability to plan, organize and implement special event programs and administer them within established constraints
• Knowledge of maintenance, security and safety requirements
• Proven excellent negotiation/networking skills
• Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and prioritize your time
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance—experience the Westfield difference!
Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience, and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement-focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.