Wendy's Marketing Manager - South at Meritage Hospitality Group
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Join our Meritage Team | Brand Marketing Manager - Wendy's Division - South
Meritage Hospitality Group currently has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Brand Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team and help support our Wendy's Restaurant Operations by creating marketing initiatives to drive sales and profitability. If you have the experience and education listed below and want to be a key part of a growing company, apply now!
Our Brand Manager is responsible for implementing marketing strategies, projects, and tasks under the direction of the Marketing Director
Job Title: Wendy's Marketing Manager - South
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or equivalent
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing role, developing strategic marketing plans and budgets
Adobe InDesign software experience, Quick Service or Fast Casual experience preferred
Experience working in conjunction with advertising agencies a plus
Strategic marketing work in a multi-state, multi-unit operation a plus
Requirements: Proficient with business software, effective communication skills, aptitude for creativity, and demonstrated knowledge of budgetary planning and execution
- Develop and implement strategic local restaurant marketing plans and budgets throughout 6 states, in accordance with Wendy’s National Marketing Calendar
- Create specialized Marketing plans to drive sales and transactions, with a focus on marketing analytics to maximize effectiveness and optimize return on investment
- Work in conjunction with operations team and co-op advertising agencies to make strategic decisions regarding marketing initiatives and budgetary spending. Represent the Meritage Wendy’s brand at DMA meetings and events
- Create and implement marketing plans for Image Activation restaurants, while also creating and managing their budgets
- Review and edit press releases, while building relationships with local and national media outlets
- Strategically develop marketing training initiatives with operations teams
- Leverage Wendy’s International resources through consistent involvement in their initiatives
- Coordinate and attend local restaurant marketing events, while also being the driving force behind philanthropic initiatives
- Assist our Organizational Development team with recruitment branding initiatives
- Strategically create, manage and implement processes and procedures that will simplify and systematize Wendy’s marketing initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Sitting at a desk for most of the week. Minor travel (25%) is required to the other markets for DMA meetings, etc. There will also be travel within the state of Michigan to complete local restaurant marketing tasks and attend DMA meetings. This person will also be responsible for driving to Wendy’s International 2-4 times per year.
WHY WORK WITH US?
In this role, you will have the ability to make an impact and see real results from your work in addition to gaining or furthering your multi-state brand marketing experience. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us. In return, we will provide you with a supportive work environment and do what we can to help you with your career development. While the work will be demanding at times, we strive to foster a workplace with work/life balance and a positive culture. You will work with smart collaborative people in our new office in downtown Grand Rapids. We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including paid holidays and PTO, incentive bonus plan, meal discounts, free parking, casual Fridays, unlimited coffee and tea, spontaneous treats, and FUN quarterly meetings (with bites and fun beverages!).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete all application steps, and be sure to attach your resume. Please also introduce yourself briefly, in a cover letter by telling us why you want this role in our company.
OUR COMPANY Inspired by Opportunity, Success through Service. Meritage Hospitality Group owns and operates over 250 Wendy's Restaurants in several states which fuel the fire for us to be able to build and expand our portfolio of Casual Dining concepts which currently includes Twisted Rooster, Crooked Goose, Freighters Eatery & Taproom and our downtown Grand Rapids flagship restaurant, Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails. Meritage is headquartered in Grand
Inspired by Opportunity, Success through Service. Meritage Hospitality Group owns and operates over 250 Wendy's Restaurants in several states which fuel the fire for us to be able to build and expand our portfolio of Casual Dining concepts which currently includes Twisted Rooster, Crooked Goose, Freighters Eatery & Taproom and our downtown Grand Rapids flagship restaurant, Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails. Meritage is headquartered in GrandRapids, Michigan, operating with a workforce of over 7,000 employees. We are traded on the OTC market and the company’s public filings can be viewed at www.otcqx.com, under the stock symbol MHGU.
We look forward to your application!
Meritage Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer