Accounting & Finanace Manager at Meritage Hospitality Group
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Accounting & Finance Manager | Join our Meritage Finance Team
Are you a driven leader, passionate about developing people and improving processes?
If so, Meritage Hospitality Group currently has an exciting job opportunity for a solid leader and analytical Accounting & Finance Manager with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for the business to join our finance team and help build the growth or our restaurants. If you have the education and experience listed below and want to be a key part of a growing company, apply now!
The Accounting & Finance Manager will oversee the financial operations of the company and will carry out the company's financial activities through a team of managers and their subordinates. This position will be responsible for the long term financial strategy of the company and will play a key role in acquisitions and the establishment and fostering of business relationships.
Job Title: Accounting & Finance Manager
Reports to: CFO
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business or similar. MBA degree preferred
Skill Requirements: Ability to understand economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Strong people management skills including recruiting, development, and performance management. The ability to stand out and lead a team of diverse individuals. Understand the business and management principles involved in stratiegic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to make sound decisions and judgment.
- Manage and develop accounting team
- Manage accounting calendar and procedures
- Manage general ledger accuracy to ensure the reliability of financial statements
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial statements
- Manage banking relationships, approvals and processes
- Identify process improvement opportunities that will increase efficiency through organizational growth
- identify areas for cost saving opportunities through the organization
- Drive and manage process improvements and related software implementations
- Participate in due diigence of acquisitions as it relates to the accounting process
- Participate and support annual audit
- Participate and support annual budget
- Special projects and project management as assigned
- Working in an office environment, with extensive periods being spent using a computer, on the phone, or in a meeting space. A high level of collaboration and individual contributions are executed in the Accounting & Finance team.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We will provide you with a supportive team and do what we can to help you with your career development in this role. While the work will be demanding, we foster a positive work culture and work/life balance. We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package including, PTO, paid holidays, incentive bonus plan, meal discounts, casual Fridays, spontaneous treats, and FUN quarterly meetings (with yummy bites and FUN beverages!).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click on the APPLY NOW button and complete all application steps, and be sure to attach your resume. Please also introduce yourself briefly, in a cover letter by telling us why you want this role in our company.
Inspired by Opportunity, Success through Service. Meritage Hospitality Group owns and operates over 250 Wendy's Restaurants in several states which fuel the fire for us to be able to build and expand our portfolio of Casual Dining concepts which currently includes Twisted Rooster, Crooked Goose, Freighters Eatery & Taproom and our downtown Grand Rapids flagship restaurant, Wheelhouse Kitchen & Cocktails. Meritage is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, operating with a workforce of over 7,000 employees. We are traded on the OTC market and the company’s public filings can be viewed at www.otcqx.com, under the stock symbol MHGU.
We look forward to your application!
Meritage Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer