Toyota Door Panel Lead Engineer
at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Novi, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
As a Lead Product Engineer you will manage onsite customer engineering interface to understand
product requirements and timing expectations with multiple departments.
- Manage day to day activities of onsite and back office
simultaneous development team.
- Assess component and system performance to requirements
using calculations, CAE, prototyping, and ED/DV/PV testing.
- Develop and maintain tactical plans to track project
status and ensure that Engineering deliverable timing obligations are met.
- Apply tools such as DFMEA and DRBFM, and provide support
to PFMEA, to identify and address areas of design risk.
- Identify and address issue root cause using problem
solving skills such as A3, KT and 5-Why analysis to drive Lean Engineering and
- Apply knowledge of plastic part design and
injection-molding to design concepts.
Lead global design team in developing 3D CAD models and 2D drawings.
- Maintain project budgets and meet budget
expectations. Provide accurate product
and ED&D estimates in support of quotes.
- Work with suppliers to acquire part data, samples and
quotes as necessary and own supplier relationship for engineering deliverables,
including drawings, CAD models and appropriate analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- BSME and minimum 10 years of experience in automotive
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Toyota or other
- JOEM & Toyota experience is required
- Knowledge of design for plastics assembly; screwing,
staking, welding, laminating, wrapping.
- Knowledge of plastic part design for injection molding.
- Knowledge of Injection Mold Tooling (gates, parting
lines, action, etc.) as it relates to part design.
- Plastic resin and materials selection knowledge as
related to Door Panels.
- Dimensional management and tolerancing experience. Ability to develop component and sub-assembly
GD&T tolerancing and tolerance stack-up studies in support of manufacturing
& craftsmanship goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional and
respectful manner in a team environment and directly to the OEM. Identify and address issues in a direct,
“data driven” manner.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Ability to manage
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Available to travel and work at Customer site in Ann Arbor area.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.