Lead Software Engineer
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reston, Virginia
iCrossing's technology team architects world-class data-driven solutions for Omni-channel digital marketing initiatives. We’re engineers and solutions integrators experienced at all levels of the application development lifecycle with a clear focus on creating engaging, rich and dynamic customer experiences. Keeping up with the proliferation of devices, operating systems and APIs takes some serious technical talent – and our team has lots of it. No matter what their individual role, every team member has two basic responsibilities: Build technologies that power digital transformations and make the impossible, possible.
For this role, we are seeking a technology leader to lead and manage a team of developers on a cutting edge large-scale enterprise custom web application that will be designed and built using Microsoft’s latest .NET Core and Azure Technologies. You will also be leading the system design and architecture and communications with other IT partners involved. The team is responsible for developing an extensible service offering for our client in the automotive industry. Technologies used on a daily basis will be .NET Core, the latest Azure Services, ASP .NET, React, with later iterations including a Mobile App client with various leading DevOps/continuous integration tools. You will work with our team in our Reston, VA office.
As a technical lead, lead a large application development project team comprised of onshore and offshore developers. You will need to have deep technical skills with Microsoft Frameworks and integrating .Net with legacy applications. You will also need to have had hands on experience with Azure based solutions.
As a .Net software engineering lead you are expected to manage and mentor other more junior team members and interact directly with the client stakeholders.
- Responsible for scoping and estimating application development team level of effort
- Lead development activities, including plan, define, design, and implementation
- Lead Code reviews
- Guide the team on best practices
- Manage and ensure completion of coding assignments on time. Ensure quality of deliverables.
- Ensure delivery of quality system level documentation
- Ensure execution of unit tests and communication of results of unit testing
- Lead in knowledge sharing activities
- Work with Project Manager to assign work, estimate project specific work, and ensures the timeliness/quality of deliverables
- Code complex modules and templates for the project
- Reports team status to the project management team
- Keep technology skills and knowledge current
- Ensure proper adaptation of tools and build and deployment processes
- Ensure the efficiency and productivity of project teams.
- 5-10 years experience
- Full SDLC experience
- Strong management and mentoring of application developers
- Expert OOAD experience
- Microsoft Certifications (MCAD, MCSD, MCP, etc...) are a big plus. However sufficient on the job experience with relevant technologies is also acceptable.
- Advanced n-Tier development
Expertise with creating and deploying REST (XML and JSON) and SOAP Web Services
- Expertise with Style Sheets. XSLT, HTML, Java Script, JSON, XML, Code Behinds
- Expertise with web, application, and database servers
Expertise with mobile technologies
- Advanced database skills including designing database tables, sequences, indices and constraints plus complex SQL
- Thorough background in designing and delivering complex web based applications
- Expertise in working with Microsoft Azure and other cloud based technologies
- Background in component/object development in .Net
- C# / .NET experience. Must have worked on at least one large .NET project
- Should have a background in designing and delivering complex web based applications
- Experience with integrating .NET with legacy applications
- Experience with React a plus
- Experience designing, and provisioning Azure based solutions
- Experience with IaasS and PaaS Azure offerings such as VM’s, App Services, Function, and Cloud Services
- Experience with cloud based database solutions such as Azure SQL, CosmosDB, etc.
- Knowledge of n-Tier development (distributed environment background a plus)
- Expert with Web Services
- Strong fundamentals in XML and parsing techniques
- Understanding of Active directory (LDAP coding experience a plus)
- Experience with Style Sheets, HTML, Java Script, XML, Code Behinds
- Knowledge of IIS and Web Site Application Deployment
- Experience with LINQ
- Experience with CMS systems is a plus.
- Experience with source control systems and automated build servers is a plus
- Experience with Automated testing is a plus
- Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC and other Microsoft Frameworks
- Familiarity with web monitoring and application profiling tools
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.