Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Persistent Systems
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.
We're looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer with extensive experience developing software (C/C++) in a Linux environment. You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in the development and implementation of a wide range of low-level embedded software, hardware development, and the development of application software running on the Wave Relay® network. This position provides the opportunity to develop technology that enables our customers to solve their most difficult networking problems.
- Developing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software (including device driver, Linux kernel modules, network stack development, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low level programming activities), hardware development, as well as the development of application software running on the Wave Relay® network
- Supporting in-house and in-the-field engineering activities including travel to customer sites
- Traveling to test locations, military facilities, and customer sites to directly supporting the testing, evaluation, and deployment of the Wave Relay® system
- Integrating other systems, sensors, and components with the Wave Relay® system
- Writing technical proposals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 years of C/C++ programming experience
- Experience developing software for Linux systems
- Experience with Linux driver (e.g. wireless, network stack), Linux kernel, and kernel module development
- Must have a United States security clearance or have the ability to obtain a United States security clearance
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, network application development (e.g. VoIP, streaming H.264), and distributed systems and network protocol development
- Knowledge of MANET / mesh / wireless ad hoc and wired networking
- Experience with Android application development
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco router/switch configuration/management