Embedded Software Engineer
at Persistent Systems
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Headquartered in New York City since 2007, Persistent Systems, LLC is a global communications technology company which develops, manufactures, and integrates a patented and secure Mobile Ad Hoc Networking (MANET) system: Wave Relay®. The company’s industry leading R&D team has designed wireless networking protocols to support their cutting edge Wave Relay® system and technology. Wave Relay® is capable of running data, video, voice and other applications under the most difficult and unpredictable conditions. Their suite of products is field proven and utilized in Commercial, Military, Government, Industrial, Agriculture, Robotics, and Unmanned System markets.
We're looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who will be responsible for software development and support of Persistent Systems’ industry-leading Wave Relay® mobile ad-hoc networking (MANET) system. You will be heavily involved in the development and implementation of a wide range of low-level embedded software, hardware development, and the development of application software running on the Wave Relay® network. This position provides the opportunity to work alongside our team of highly-skilled senior software engineers to develop technology that enables our customers to solve their most difficult networking problems.
- Using C/C++ to architect, develop, and implement software for embedded Linux hardware platforms
- Supporting hardware development
- Developing application software running on the Wave Relay® network, which may include device drivers, Linux kernel modules, network stack development, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low level programming activities
- Supporting internal and external engineering activities, including travel to test locations, military facilities, and customer sites to directly supporting the testing, evaluation, and deployment of the Wave Relay® system
- Integrating other systems, sensors, and components with the Wave Relay® system
- Writing technical proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of work/internship experience developing software for embedded Linux systems in C/C++
- Must have a US Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with Linux kernel and kernel module development and Linux driver development (wireless, network stack)
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting
- Experience with network application development (e.g. VoIP, streaming H.264)
- Experience with Android application development
- Knowledge of mobile ad hoc networking (MANET)
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.