Campus Police Officer - Facilities & Services
at West Virginia University
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The University Police Department in the Division of Facilities and Services at West Virginia University is seeking applications for three (3) Campus Police Officer positions. The primary purpose for these positions is to support the University by establishing and maintaining a safe atmosphere for the faculty, staff, students and visitors at WVU by providing police and security services.
In order to be successful, the ideal candidates will:
Work Hours: Varies
- Patrol assigned area on campus to observe persons and property to reduce and prevent criminal activities.
- Advise public on ways to make them more secure and seeks public support for crime prevention.
- Patrol campus, direct traffic and provide crowd control during special events such as concerts, athletic events and other similar activities which draw large crowds of people.
- Enforce all federal, state and University laws, rules and regulations.
- Investigate criminal complaints and both traffic and non-traffic accidents in conjunction with the Investigative Unit by collecting and preserving evidence, interviewing witnesses and interrogating suspects, searching records, and surveillance activities.
- Testify in court or University hearing to knowledge of or actions taken in regard to matters of interest to the courts or University.
- Watch for fire, fire hazards, safety hazards, and other dangerous or damaging situations and respond appropriately.
- Administer first-aid to injured or sick persons and provide or arrange for necessary transportation.
- Escort persons making cash deposits, ensuring the safety of those individuals transporting large sums of money.
- Assist the general public by answering inquiries, providing directions and other similar general service activities.
- Operate the communications dispatch unit.
- Perform special protective assignments with particular persons or property.
Pay Grade: 16, WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes experience and related education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
Positions available: 3
- Associates degree required or equivalent criminal justice experience (civilian or military)
- Preference will be given to candidates with greater amounts of directly related criminal justice experience
- Preference given to certified training or completion of this Department’s field training program
- Preference maybe given to already certified candidates
- Must be able to maintain law enforcement officer certification
- Selected candidate(s) must establish residency and have a valid West Virginia driver’s license within 90 days of contingent offer before official hire date
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.