Field Representative - Reno, NV
at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Field Representative - Reno, NV - 1141
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment - USA Las Vegas, Nevada
Field Representative (Reno, NV)
TOP REASONS WHY WORKING AT NIELSEN IS PRETTY AWESOME:
Make your friends with boring corporate jobs jealous!
Be the best! - No other company in the world knows more about what consumers watch, listen to and buy!
Put your whole self in ..... get a whole lot out. Be who you are when you come to work!
Never stop learning: Our real world is your classroom
Recognition received for Nielsen’s commitment to excellence and innovation: Diversity Inc, Human Rights Campaign, Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work, and more!
Our Field Representative position provides the opportunity to combine technical aptitude with outstanding people skills while working a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekend hours. Field Representatives are available to take customer calls and are responsible for maintaining a designated customer base of up to 100 Nielsen Family Households
What does a Field Rep Do?
Field Reps build and maintain relationships with Nielsen families and educate Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Reps install, maintain and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture three screen audience measurements - Mobile, Online, and TV.
Position requires bending and lifting television sets.
What does a Field Representative do?:
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Family Households
- Install Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned Nielsen Family Households
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle
- Diagnose and troubleshoot data / equipment
- Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit necessary audience data.
- Respond to calls from assigned customers and ensure equipment is maintained and operating effectively
- Prioritize, schedule and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines in assigned territory.
- Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary software.
- Educate and coach Panel members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment to ensure optimum performance results.
- Negotiate and maintain cooperation of Panel members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Able to work in non traditional schedule including evenings and weekends
- Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics. software systems and networking knowledge
- Superior customer service skills and able to connect with Nielsen Family Households
- Able to work in a close team environment
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Comprehensive background check, including criminal and motor vehicle record required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate's degree or military experience is a plus
- Bilingual skills a plus
What are the Benefits?
Comprehensive benefits package effective DAY 1 of employment. We offer unlimited career and high earning potential, top-of-the-line training and other great benefits, including:
- Extensive paid sales training program :May require travel in various markets for training – lodging and transportation included
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Base Salary
- Performance Based Bonus Plan
- Potential for paid overtime
- Language pay differential to those who qualify
- Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance (save as much as $8,000 per year)
- Tablet, home printer, and cell phone (monthly talk and data service provided)
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off including:
- 3 weeks paid time off in the first year
- 10 sick days per year
- Maternity and Paternity leave
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Seconday Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.