Mfg Eng I at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Holland, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
This guideline defines a Manufacturing Engineer job description that will develop and implement cost effective manufacturing methods and processes utilizing people, materials, equipment, and information systems.
- Performs process and material flow analysis.
- Develop manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
- Maintains and improves Process Flow and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documentation
- Partners with CI team to identify/execute process and material flow improvement opportunities via Kaizen events
- Specification, installation, and implementation of plant machinery, tooling, and equipment.
- Facilitate ergonomic improvements within facility.
- Project management of MIS, maintenance, and engineering projects ensuring commitment and deadlines are exceeded.
- Facilitate continuous improvements in 5-S within functional areas and entire facility.
- Provide engineering assistance in quality problem solving activities.
- Oversee equipment modifications and design.
- Perform project and plant management activities.
- Manage purchase burden accounts to meet or exceed monthly budgets.
- Assist facility in maintaining TS16949 and ISO14001 status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BSME in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Tooling and fixture design experience, manufacturing, experience, and automation or robotics experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions, to practical situations.