Commercial Insurance Sr. Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Insurance
St. Louis Branch
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drive financial performance of a middle market commercial book of business comprised of package, umbrella, auto, worker’s compensation, and international coverages.
- Drive strong results with key agents in two state territory (MO and IL)
- Build and sustain a strong prospect pipeline
Account solicitation, risk selection and analysis (including documentation), pricing and sales.
Meet with new and renewal customers and agents/brokers to negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery.
- Build relationships with agents/brokers to meet or exceed financial goals, and create effective business plans for assigned agents/brokers.
- Co-travel with colleagues to sell the total Chubb offering and advantages
- Meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a team of underwriters, underwriting associates, customer service representatives, claim examiners, and loss control representatives
Candidates must possess the following required skills in order to be considered for this position:
- Minimum of five years of commercial middle market underwriting experience.
- Proven ability in complex account analysis, prioritization, organization and detail orientation.
- Demonstrate strong underwriting skills in property, products & premises liability, umbrella, auto, worker’s compensation, and/or international coverages.
- Strength in exposure and control risk analysis is essential with a deep understanding of property, products liability, and worker’s compensation
- Proven track record of building strong business relationships with agents and insureds.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in sales, marketing, and negotiation.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment using multiple internal and external resources appropriately, effectively, and efficiently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
The aptitude to attract and retain profitable business is essential.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.