Senior Commercial Insurance Underwriter at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Chubb is currently seeking a Commercial Insurance Marine Underwriter in the Alpharetta, Georgia office. The ideal candidate will have insurance underwriting experience in addition to strong sales and marketing skills. This position is based in Atlanta but may have underwriting responsibilities for the Southeast states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Lines of business include Inland Marine, Ocean Cargo and Property.
Underwriting Duties Include:
- Financial performance of a $4,000,000 renewal book of business.
- Identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sources to meet the new business goal of approximately $1,000,000.
- External agency and insured visits approximately 25 – 30% of the time.
- Risk selection, analysis (including documentation) and service of accounts based on Chubb Commercial Insurance guidelines.
- Implementing and managing effective pricing and underwriting strategies for profitable growth of the book.
- Building, maintaining and managing successful producer relationships to achieve retention and new business development.
- Meeting with new and renewal customers, individually or as part of a Chubb team, to make sales presentations and negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery.
- Working in a team environment with other Underwriters, Underwriter Associates, Loss Control Representatives, Claim Representatives and Operations Staff.
Proven ability to successfully negotiate on all levels and develop producer relationships.
- Strong track record of service orientation and teamwork.
- Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product knowledge in Commercial Insurance.
- Aptitude to attract and retain profitable business.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication skills and focus on quality.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively in a team environment in conjunction with service staff, loss control, field marketing claims and loss control employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of underwriting experience.