Assistant Metro Editor at Hearst Communications Inc.
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Assistant Metro Editor
Would you like the opportunity to work with world-class journalists at San Francisco’s most iconic media brand? Are you a journalist with excellent multimedia and social media skills?
The San Francisco Chronicle is looking for an energetic, versatile, creative journalist with a knack for working across print and digital platforms to produce top-quality work.
What will you do?
- · Find and assign breaking-news stories and online talkers.
- · Edit stories for grammar, style and facts.
- · Write stories for the Chronicle’s breaking-news online site, SFGate.
- · Post digital content while leading a team of strong go-team (metro) reporters
What will you need to be successful?
- · Thorough knowledge of grammar and Chronicle and AP style.
- · Thorough knowledge of local, national and foreign news as well as features and sports.
- · An eye for a good story.
- · Ability to turn quick, snappy prose.
- · Ability to pace self to meet deadline.
- · A bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- · A minimum of three years of professional experience working in a fast-paced news environment, publishing content on the web or wire on deadline.
- · At least three years of editing experience
- · At least three to five years of newsroom management and/or team leadership experience.
About the San Francisco Chronicle/SFGate:
San Francisco has always been a city on the edge — of technology, thought, food and culture. Here seismic shifts, literally and figuratively, constantly reshape the landscape. We deliver news and provocative perspectives that engage the smart, forward-thinking people who choose to live on the edge.
SFGate provides a 360˚ view of San Francisco, wildly reflective of right now. Provocative, energetic, unapologetic, the Gate is in constant conversation with the world's most eclectic city.
Join our Team!