Shipping Supervisor - Midway, TN at Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Midway, Tennessee
Job ID: 125106
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
The Shipping Coordinator, Nights is responsible for assisting directly supervising and training manufacturing personnel in a manner consistent with overall Company’s policies and procedures. Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials, and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets. Improve performance through coaching, training and developing employees. Implement and ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures effective employee relations
- Provide employee coaching, training, and development
- Balance safety, quality, productivity, cost, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas
- Work to continuously improve in all areas
- Ensure all employees follow operation standards and working practices and verify the conformance to specifications
- Assist with the compiling, storing, and retrieving of production data and other record keeping duties
- Kronos timekeeping
- Provide Interviewing, performance evaluations
- Manage employee performance, address employee relation issues and administration of discipline
- Assist with the company’s safety program to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment in part by participating in the safety and 5-S programs of the department
- Monitor production and initiate corrective action as required to ensure plant follows and complies with safety guidelines, quality control, and productions as established
- Contribute to and support Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, and Lean Manufacturing
- Communicate the goals to the workforce through both one on one, crew, tool box, and safety meetings
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to work 12-hour night shifts (6P - 6A) and every other weekend
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
- Leadership experience: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Experience with employee training and development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Quality orientation and attention to detail managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment supportive of employees, the organization as well as safety
- Must have developed PC computer skills with Microsoft Suite programs such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job.
- Constant walking or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Ability to work occasionally at heights up to 15 feet.
- Occasional climbing, bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, pushing, and pulling
The manufacturing facility is subject to the same general climate conditions of the region (Heat, Cold, humidity, etc.). Chemicals, Dust, pollen and other typical airborne particulate matter are present in the atmosphere of the shop floor and may create some odors in the plant. Oldcastle in an effort to provide its employees with a safe and healthy working environment limits exposure to chemicals through written procedures, engineering controls, and PPE. While some chemical may pose health risks if not properly used employees are trained on the proper safety equipment and procedures for handling chemicals. While the chemical exposure and odors are under acceptable levels set by OSHA they nevertheless, can be smelled and are handled according to the company’s hazardous communication program.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.