Software System Architect
at Jabil Circuit
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: saint petersburg, Florida
Do you want to join one of the World's Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who's company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world's largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
- Collaborating with global project team and customer to architect, design and develop real time embedded software applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining and documenting the software architecture for the embedded On-Board hardware system.
- Working alongside systems engineers and software developers to define and document functional requirements related to the software architecture
- Developing high level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Working with global project team to develop solutions that meet project requirements within the program schedule and budget constraints.
- Leading maintenance and performance improvement activities of the software architecture.
- Ensuring all inter-process relationships are understood and documented and all potential race conditions are mitigated.
- Responsible for tracing software requirements to the software architecture.
- Participate in establishing performance limits and boundary conditions of the system along with proper failure mode handling and system response.
- Participate in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software as per the company’s policies and procedures.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Support for fault isolation, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis activities during system integration and validation testing.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science (Ph.D preferred)
- Plus 8 years experience, Plus 2 years experience designing system requirements
- Proven experience as a Software Architect
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely
- Outstanding presentation abilities
- Software development experience required in at least one of these areas and preferably more than one: telecom, data-com, IoT device, security, wireless, pc/server/storage, consumer electronics, automotive and medical.
- Software experience required in more than one of these areas on embedded hardware system: networking protocols, communication stacks, BSP, IoT application, Cloud service, RTOS, Linux, Android and GUI.
- Experience in software lifecycle management and tools
- Experience in secure programming practices with preference to safety system development
- High degree of attention to detail
- Self-driven, results-oriented and a clear focus on high quality; self-motivated; bias for action
- 30% travel requirements
- Regular business hours. But work around time zones with global team may be required
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.