Sr. Underwriter, D&O
at Allied World
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Job Title: Sr. Underwriter
Underwrite a book of business, employing the methods necessary to meet projected premium and profitability goals. Comply with divisional and corporate underwriting guidelines, administrative standards and time service standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with underwriting guidelines, systems and procedures
- Perform general underwriting functions including underwriting submission review, pricing analysis, setting of terms and conditions, and quote/binder/invoice authorizations
- Work within authority and receive proper approval from regional manager as necessary
- Liaise with Claims Department on any specific claims activity and overall market claims concerns, which could potentially affect profitability
- Consistent with Internal Audit department procedures, achieve compliance with all underwriting and administrative guidelines
- Conduct marketing meetings with brokers as directed by the regional manager
- Attend client/broker meetings, lunches, dinners and other social outings as applicable
- Follow treaty and facultative reinsurance protocols as required
- Stay current with respect to major industry issues and developments
- Provide specific reports as needed by senior staff
- Other duties as assigned
About Fairfax Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. About Allied World Allied World, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World offers superior client service through a global network of offices and branches. All of Allied World's rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor's, and A2 by Moody's, and our Lloyd's Syndicate 2232 is rated A+ by Standard & Poor's and AA- by Fitch. Our generous benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance, 401k plan, and Group Term Life Insurance. Allied World Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion or belief, sex, age, genetic information, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or their protected veteran or disability status. Please visit www.awac.com for further information on Allied World.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3 - 5 years underwriting experience in related line of business
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi task
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Solid Writing and Communication Skills
- Must be able to think originally, be willing to challenge ideas and be receptive to having their own ideas challenged
- Willingness to travel
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.