Warehouse Supervisor at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hayward, California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recently recognized by Glassdoor as one of the “Top 50 Best Places to Work”, we couldn’t be prouder of our employees. As a family-owned wine & spirits company with over 90 brands, the heart of our success story is our people. Our passions run deep and what unites us is an incredible culture of teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Are you a passionate team player who is looking to grow your career? If so, apply today! Cheers!
Your Talent & Gallo — A Perfect Pairing.
Responsible for the supervision of the night warehouse pick and load operation, facility security, and warehouse maintenance.
- Supervises night warehouse staff, assigns job duties and oversees the quality of job performances. Crew consists of Warehousemen, Spotters/loaders, Yardman and a Clerk.
- Nightly operation includes:
- Supervision of the picking / palletizing of cross dock trailers, chain loads and bobtails routes
- Responsible for the proper training of all night personnel.
- Communicates nightly workload with dispatch.
- Restocking pick locations on the lines and in the racks.
- Reworking and/or restocking damaged items, off-conditioning and unsaleable products.
- The picking and staging of will call and/or pick-up and exchange orders.
- The processing of employee purchases and their distribution to all Gallo employees.
- The shipping of Point of Sale items and the gathering and the distribution of documents and supplies to the cross dock locations.
- Supervision of the returning route drivers and the night mechanic after the day supervising team has left.
- Ensures proper maintenance and repairs of all warehouse equipment, facilities, grounds, and paving
- Understand and apply parameters of the union contract to the union workforce.
- Reviewing and maintaining pick locations both in the rack and on the picking lines.
- Completing the l.l.P.P. compliance sheets bi-monthly and monthly.
- The enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- The maintaining of all related nightly paperwork.
- The security of the warehouse, office and grounds during night operations and at the close of business.
- The conducting of warehouse meetings dealing with different current topic and periodic safety procedures and policies.
- Monitors, implements and ensures adherence to safety policies.
- Receives inventory shipments.
- Maintains warehouse and grounds cleanliness.
- Special projects
- Cross train in other operational supervisory functions.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Reviews, controls, and monitors night shift activities.
- Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff. Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School diploma or GED plus 3 years operations or warehouse experience in a high traffic environment to include supervisory or management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Required to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management plus 2 years operations or warehouse experience in a high traffic environment to include supervisory or management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Detailed oriented.
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good problem solver; overcomes obstacles timely.
- Good organizational skills and self motivated.
- Experience working independently and executing management directives.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience working across organizational lines.
- Proactive in addressing customer’s needs.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment consists of working in and around warehouse conveyor equipment.
Job Posting: 44885
Warehouse, Operations, Night, Supervisor, Distributor, Wine, Beverage, Manager, overnight, operations, loading trucks, pick products
Equal Opportunity Employer