Manufacturing Engineer at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Manufacturing Engineer for our Grand Rapids Manufacturing Plant
As a Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Performs process and material flow analysis. Develop manufacturing process techniques, and equipment to improve productivity.
Specification, installation, and implementation of plant machinery, tooling, and equipment.
Facilitate ergonomic improvements within facility.
Project management of MIS, maintenance, and engineering projects ensuring commitment and deadlines are exceeded.
Development and implementation of formal training and a development program for subordinates.
Facilitate continuous improvements in 5-S within functional areas and entire facility.
Provide engineering assistance in quality problem solving activities.
Oversee equipment modifications and design.
Perform project and plant management activities.
Manage purchase burden accounts to meet or exceed monthly budgets.
Assist facility in obtaining and maintaining QL and QS9000 status.
Manage the maintenance and improvements of all facility PCs, PLCs and all other MISs.
PLC mentoring to Industrial Engineer and Maintenance technicians.
BSME in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Tooling and fixture design experience, manufacturing, experience, and automation or robotics experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions, to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.