Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Albany, New York
Senior Environment Artist - Destiny (World Building)
We’re looking for talented people to create art for the Destiny universe. Can you build an alien military compound on Venus? Imagine and craft an ice cavern on mars? The universe that Destiny offers to inspire building incredible environments is vast.
Building worlds is a crucial component of making a game, and requires an artist who understands and can take on different roles. Whether that role is layout artist, or level designer, modeler, material expert, or lighting. World builders wear a lot of hats at different stages of development. Vicarious Visions is looking for exceptional artists to help create awe-inspiring visuals for breathtaking gaming environments. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world-class art talent to develop a visually-inspired AAA title.
Your Guardian will be Responsible for:
• Collaborate with level design, and other disciplines to bring levels from 2d layout to fully polished Destiny environments
• Interpret and break down concept art into the actual game environments
• Contribute to the research, development, and documentation of tools, and art department processes
• Create models for both architectural and organic natural environments
• Collaborate and communicate with art and design leadership to maintain consistency with in the world we are creating
• Maintain level performance and optimization
The skills we’re looking for in order to level up your Guardian:
• At least 4 to 5+ years of experience in job offered, or in a related occupation
• 3dsMax, Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Worldmachine, advanced node based shaders, terrain creation workflows, and asset management and tool development
• Strong understanding of light, value, composition, color, staging and detail in environmental design
• Strong sense of scale and spatial awareness
• Understanding of how environment art impacts gameplay
• Self-motivated, independent, and has proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines and performs at an expected consistent level
• Strong communication skills
• High level of creativity and independence; requires little instruction or oversight
• Has knowledge to identify, assess and mitigate project risks
• Not an jerk
You’ll really get noticed with these upgrades to your Light Level:
• Experience and understanding of physically based rendering and creating assets for PBR
• Good sense of humor
Located in Albany, New York, Vicarious Visions has been creating award-winning games for over 25 years. VV has brought their expertise to global franchises such as Skylanders and Guitar Hero, creating new entries in each series infused with the studio’s signature quality and forward-thinking approach to design. In 2017, Vicarious Visions released the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Triology, a rebuild of the classic games with gorgeous, all-new graphics. The N-Sane Trilogy has been met with universal praise from fans and critics alike, and further solidified VV as a studio that produces quality games with an eye for detail. Currently, the studio is working on the Destiny franchise with Bungie, spearheading the PC version of Destiny 2 (winner of ‘Best PC Game’ at E3 2017) and bringing their passion and talent to new stories and content within the world of Destiny.
Vicarious Visions is a studio that champions quality and passion, and this is best reflected in our people. Lovingly referred to as the VV Family, the team at VV is composed of a diverse set of highly talented men and women who bring their personal expertise, creativity, and drive to every facet of the games and technology we create. The VV philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is brought to life through our family, who embody our values and soul in their work (and play!) at the studio. We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect, and fun; we have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices.