Senior Underwriter, Foreign Casualty
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a key member of the Chubb Foreign Casualty team, the senior underwriter will contribute to the achievement of regional profitability and production results through the growth, development, and underwriting of international casualty programs for U.S. multinational companies and organizations. In addition this position is responsible for establishing and cultivating business relationships with brokers, clients and other relevant spheres of influence within the assigned territory to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities while representing all Foreign Casualty segments and products.
- Business Development & Broker Management – Utilize and develop personal and business relationships with P&C brokers and producers to produce new account opportunities for the International Casualty division of Chubb Global Casualty.
- Territory Management – Execute on the sales and marketing plan for assigned territory, ensuring that monthly broker calls and stewardship meetings are planned, scheduled and administered in an effective fashion in order to drive new business and retain existing accounts.
- Account Targeting – Harvest personal knowledge of sales territory and broker-controlled business as well as existing and historic Chubb business relationships to develop and refine a long term prospecting and short term target list of new business opportunities.
- Quote to Win – Review new business submissions to understand the nature of the international casualty risk as wells as the incumbent’s current offering - utilize this analysis to produce and deliver winning quote.
- Service Brokers and Clients to Grow – Work with brokers and clients to understand and respond to evolving client needs driven by international market expansion and acquisition or through changes in geographic footprint and program structure.
- Understand and Manage Risk – Embrace the challenge of producing and underwriting profitable new business opportunities. Nature of operations, deal structure, quality of information, an understanding of US and local country requirements, and Chubb’s industry-leading multinational capabilities are all key to putting the right business on the books and growing profitably over time.
- Identify opportunities to provide innovative solutions to the Casualty CMP process
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- College degree in insurance, business or related fields or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years commercial casualty experience, preferably international casualty and/or underwriting Fortune 1000 companies
- Knowledge of Controlled Master Programs and international casualty underwriting principles highly desirable
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiating skills
- Superior analytical skills needed to evaluate and develop Controlled Master Program submissions
- Excellent sales and marketing skills
- Advanced computer skills preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.