Sr Underwriter - Alternative Risk Solutions at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Chubb Alternative Risk Solutions
Provide underwriting support to Loss Portfolio Transfer Underwriting Team in all phases of LPTs and prospective Guaranteed Cost deals including risk assessment, submission review, screening, pricing,marketing and selling. The successful applicant will gain experience from all aspects of the ARS deal team including underwriting, claims, actuarial,legal, accounting and tax.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screen submissions to identify viable opportunities
- Investigate selected opportunities including business operations, industry information, underlying program structures, claims administration, collateral information, etc.
- Prepare actuarial pricing package including exposures, loss data, program parameters, etc.
- Prepare proposals, agreements and policies, etc. as necessary
- Prepare underwriting reports for management on binding transactions
- Input, update and manage the deal Tracker System for deal flow monitoring
- Work with Credit Management on collateral and financial ratings
- Assist in target marketing for potential opportunities
- Work with brokers and insureds to on current deals and potential opportunities
- Attend broker/client presentations
- Work with actuarial and claims in the management of bound deals to ensure optimal outcomes
Bachelor’s Degree required
- Three years’ experience on large accounts with Workers’ Compensations and other casualty lines
- Underwriting and / or Actuarial Work experience desired
- Strong Analytical Skills, attention to detail and proficiency in reconciliation work
- Proficiency in End User applications (Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong business acumen, and excellent oral and written communication skills