at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Underwriter for their Underwriting Department. The right candidate will primarily be responsible for the underwriting of manual loans or the validation of automated findings on Government loans (FHA and VA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive daily loans for underwriting that have been assigned by the Regional Underwriting Manager
- Prioritize RUSH’s, CU conditions and newly submitted loans to meet the required turn-around time
- CU Conditions on FA files are cleared and returned to the Underwriting Assistant within 4 hours
- RUSH files are underwritten and returned to Underwriting Assistant within 24 hours
- CA conditions are cleared and returned to the Underwriting Assistant within 24 hours
- CA/FA files are underwritten and returned to the Underwriting Assistant within 48 hours
- DHIM Underwriters will underwrite or “take action” on a minimum (if volume is present) of 100 loans monthly. They must also have strong organizational skills in order to handle more than the minimum standards (100 loans) and be responsible to meet deadlines when heavy periods of volume exist throughout the month. This would include some extended hours or time worked from home. Regional Underwriting Managers will advise Underwriters of deadlines required for actions necessary when these conditions exist.
- DHIM Underwriters are primarily responsible for the underwriting of manual loans or the validation of automated findings on government loans (FHA and VA). They have full delegation with FHA Direct Endorsement and VA Automatic with LAPP approval. Underwriters will also review and make decisions on Bond loans and Conventional loans from various Investors and must be proficient with all guidelines.
- The conditions and approvals are indicated by the Underwriter entering the information into TMO or Empower. The Underwriting Assistant updates the Branches by fax
- Underwriters take action and approve all appraisals and complete the FHA Conditional Commitment and the VA NOVs when applicable
- Upon rejection of a loan, the Underwriter will notify the Branch of their recommendation and submit the loan to the Regional Underwriting Manager for an in-depth second review
- DHIM Underwriters have frequent contact with the Processors, LO’s and Branch Managers and must have strong written and verbal skills in order to effectively communicate
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- FHA Direct Endorsement
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.