Underwriting Assistant at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We currently have an opening for an Underwriting Associate to work in our San Francisco office. This Underwriting Associate will support the Commercial Technology Insurance segment.
The Underwriting Associate (UA) is accountable for collaborating with team members to achieve growth, profit, renewal retention, service, and producer/client management goals for an assigned book of business in the middle market Technology Insurance Specialty department. The UA will gather and analyze account information (loss information, driver information, financials, loss control reports, etc.) and develop underwriting recommendations and pricing strategy. Additionally, the UA completes documents and refers risk reports to underwriter and handles individual risk inquiries from brokers/agents. The UA coordinates account processing for renewals and new accounts with their assigned underwriter(s) and a customer service representative. The UA provides rating and issuance instructions including appropriate forms, coverages, and final premium as one of the critical expectations, as well as reviewing submission information with Underwriter and preparing quote letter and documenting underwriting analysis information in the electronic file; ensuring electronic file integrity. The UA will also be responsible for processing endorsements within designated authority. This position has dual accountability to both Operations and Underwriting Management.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong desk management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to independently organize work and prioritize competing demands and requests to complete work within required time constraints.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Knowledge of underwriting principles, product specific coverage, policy forms, pricing tools, regulatory compliance and insurance systems preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using on-line reference manuals.
- Familiarity with ISO workers compensation bureaus and other state regulatory agencies within assigned territory a plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize exposure to a loss.
- Ability to effectively and regularly use multiple electronic systems.
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Education and Experience:
- Requisite experience required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college and/or underwriting exposure preferred.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.