User Experience Researcher at Hearst Autos
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
We're Hearst Autos and we are going to change the way consumers buy automobiles. With a recognized brand Car & Driver, and the best editorial team in the automotive industry, we're cutting a new path! We are looking for entrepreneurial-minded thought leaders across many disciplines. And, we mean business.
Do you want to help shape the future product design and development organization of a historic media brand? This is an opportunity to help create an ideal team environment focused on bringing new digital experiences for the Car and Driver site to both an established audience of automotive enthusiasts and a new segment of in-market car shoppers, helping both find information on cars they love and cars they want to own next.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Map out proposed research methodology – design experiments, write interview guides, design surveys, construct testing protocols, etc.
· Run experiments and collect data
· Familiar creating surveys using Qualtrics/Survey Monkey/ Survey Gizmo
· Capable of running usability tests and interviewing clients on the phone/in person/web
· Code, analyze, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative research
· Prepare and present research readouts/decks that effectively communicate research findings to stakeholders
· Work with Senior UX resources to determine target-user traits/criteria
· Create screeners to ensure participants meet the criteria
· Write follow up emails to prospects to encourage them to participate in additional research
· Keep our research database updated (opted-in audience to do research with us)
· Manage social recruitment campaigns and maintaining list hygiene
· Schedule the research meetings via scheduling tool or with assistance from recruitment company
· Purchase and send gift cards to participants who have participated in a research study
· Book meeting rooms and invite team members to research sessions using Outlook
· Manage the socialization and accessibility of research findings
· Input UX recommendations as user stories
· Provide summary updates to critical teams as insights build throughout the data collection process
· Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning
· Provide assistance to UX resources as needed
· Experience or exposure to design methodologies
· Proficiency with creating wireframes, prototypes, user flows, or journey maps
· Experience with prototyping or design tools
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW/NEED TO HAVE:
· B.A. or B.S. degree in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction or Research-related program (Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Computer Science, Information Science, Graphic Design, Industrial Design)
· 3 - 5 years of experience conducting usability testing on software or websites (on both desktop and mobile devices)
· Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
· Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects at the same time
· Excited about User Experience Research and a drive to learn about the broader UX field
· Self-driven, finding innovative ways to help the team when there is lull in your task load
· Can fully own research projects/tasks, while keeping manager up-to-date on their status
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM US:
· A fun and collaborative environment with driven team members.
· Exciting projects that allow you to work on, and learn, new technologies.
· Work for an employee focused company that is building a great culture.
· Competitive salaries, 401k, great benefits, and much more.