Commercial Insurance Manager
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a Commercial Insurance Manager in the Charlotte, North Carolina Branch. The Commercial Insurance Underwriting Manager is responsible for directing the day to day operation of the underwriting team (4 direct reports) and managing the overall Commercial Insurance $50m book of business in South and North Carolina. This includes underwriting guidance/expertise, staff development, performance management, marketing and agency relationships, and expense management.
The ideal candidate will have insurance underwriting experience in addition to strong sales and marketing skills. This position is based in Charlotte in will report to the Southeast Region Commercial Insurance Manager with a matrix to the Charlotte Branch Manager.
- Accountability (premium, profit, growth, retention, and expense plans for middle market P&C business for the Charlotte Branch.
- Direct profit and loss responsibility; account coordination, agency management, and production responsibility across CI product portfolio. Mix of business management
- Manages execution of middle market underwriting and renewal strategies.
- Coordinate day to day activities to achieve goals and insure service levels are maintained
- Serves as technical resource for referrals and underwriting authority on accounts. Point of contact for branch risks which fall outside of branch authority; coordinates efforts with EFUs, Home Office/Product and Industry leaders
- Develops opportunities particular to the local marketplace and provides customized approaches on Marketing Strategy and Execution - Works closely with Field Operations on development and execution of marketing strategy and coordinates marketing and production activities for entire portfolio of CI business
- Primary responsibility for managing regional/local producer plant; responsible for cohesive and consistent agency management strategies across assigned locations. Facilitates product education/appetite; serves as point person for key local producer relationships
- Has Extensive External Relationships with customers / producers that drive results including negotiating, account rounding, customer service and organizational skills.
- Oversees business and budget planning for all business produced within branch. Ensures effective expense administration for assigned locations
- Accountable for new hire onboarding, training and developing, succession planning, culture of inclusion, coaching and mentoring and retention of staff. Ensure effective deployment of staff for assigned locations; maintain mentoring / succession relationship with several High Potential Senior Underwriters within assigned locations. Oversee workflows, technical development, staffing resources, and appropriate application of technology to ensure efficient, cost-effective field operation. Collaborate with HR on performance management and compensation process.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law
- Client, Quality and Service Focus
- Advanced marketing and sales skills
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting products and concepts, as evidence by 5-7 years’ experience in the insurance arena or related field. Management experience preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and lead underwriting and administrative staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others.
- Strong understanding of field distribution plant (broker, regional, independent agents)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to manage conflict/resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to align people and resources with strategic priorities.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical underwriting skills
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to technical detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to manage multiple functions
- Performance management/staff development skills including coaching, conducting mid-year and annual reviews, influencing staff, and conflict management
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.