Procurement Specialist - Customer Service at Dematic Corp
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Location: USA - MI - Grand Rapids
Req ID: 50514
Position Title: Procurement Specialist - Customer Service
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Travel Required: Yes
Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services, and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Dematic has immediate needs at our Grand Rapids, MI location for a Procurement Specialist. The primary functions will be:
• Program, Commercial and Logistical support of Customer Service Projects, Enhancements, and Modernizations
• Purchasing categories may include any type of MHE (Material Handling Equipment) product. Examples include: Highly complex equipment, structural steel, conveyors, software, Storage Retrieval Machine Components, controls/electrical components, etc)
• Participate and facilitate in new program quote activities involving pricing reviews with estimating team
• Assist with information flow from estimating to project purchasing on potential and awarded programs
• Make sourcing arrangements and determine pricing for Customer Service Projects
• Negotiations on large potential resale purchases (coordination with strategic lead buyer)
• Develop and coordinate set up of new vendors (if needed) to support requirements for customers
• Execute purchases when required to support sold project activity and manage orders to support project activity
• Interface with Project Managers on purchasing items during project roll out and expedite urgent delivery parts to meet critical timeframes
• Record savings achieved to help meet department goal
• Help Support Order Entry Process
• This position will support Grand Rapids and Monterrey, Mexico
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.