Senior Graphic Designer - Creative at Strategic Factory
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland
While working as a Graphic Designer, you will be tasked with fulfilling duties and performing tasks related to designing or creating graphics to meet a specific commercial or promotional needs, such as letterheads, business cards, envelopes, or logos, among others. Additionally, you will respond to customers' concerns or problems and address them in a professional manner. The person in this position assists to ensure each client is satisfied and that products are designed to be the highest quality possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact customers to obtain information pertinent to their design needs
- Use creative skills and the Adobe Creative suite to enhance or improve print materials
- Create designs, concepts, logos and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and design concepts
- Design internal marketing materials and supplies
- Represent the company as required at sponsored events, networking groups, and trade shows
- Serve as the representative from Marketing for client meetings for Strategic Factory and its agencies, develop complete client design work
- Work with customers and members of the production staff to address problems and answer questions
- Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing
- Other duties as necessary
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on job assignments in other departments as instructed, most commonly marketing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree is required; some prior experience in a design department is preferred
Ability to read and interpret important documents, especially basic informational reports and email correspondence
Ability to speak effectively in front of co-workers, managers, and customers
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
Mathematical operations applied to calculating simple costs is critical
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing this job successfully requires that an individual have a solid understanding of computers, data entry, the Adobe Creative suite, the Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms and email applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Constant Contact
- Capable of setting up and operating office equipment such as an all-in-one copier
- Ability to write effective correspondence to customers and coworkers
- Ability to pass a background check
- Vision abilities required by this job include being able to see clearly at 20 inches or less, distinguish colors, and adjust focus.
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough marked by full detail and completion
- Displays a strong team-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills developing relationships with coworkers and customers
- Positive attitude
- Superb multitasking skills
- Concern for others
- Committed to company mission and values
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Physical demands
- While performing the duties of this job, one is regularly required to sit at a desk and answer phones and work on computer desktops. Occasionally, standing and walking to copiers, printers, and scanners is required. The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
- Work environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to noise typical of an office environment such as printers, computers, and phones operating.