at Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors (YFAI) is the global leader in automotive interiors. YFAI is redefining how people relax, work and play in their vehicle interiors today and decades from now. Headquartered in Shanghai, the company has 114 manufacturing plants and technical centers in 20 countries and more than 33,000 employees globally. They design, develop and manufacture interior components for all automakers. Established in 2015, Yanfeng Automotive Interiors is a joint venture between Yanfeng Automotive Trim Systems Co., Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Huayu Automotive Systems Co., Ltd. (HASCO), the component group of SAIC Motor Corporation Limited (SAIC Motor), and Adient, the global leader in automotive seating. For more information, please visit www.YFAI.com.
Global. Collaborative. Innovative. Together, we will transform the automotive interiors industry. Together, we will redefine the ways people experience life onboard vehicles.
You will be part of a global, diverse team. A team that is truly dedicated to anticipating and re-imagining how society will live and work inside the vehicles of tomorrow. You will build strong, personal relationships as you work together to push the boundaries of innovation. The environment will be fast-paced, exciting, challenging. But you will be inspired to adapt and evolve.
Opportunity is yours. Are you ready for the challenge?
Manufacturing engineer must have knowledge on engineering processes. Basic duty is to improve the production efficiency a manufacturing engineer must provide training to other workers who are in the production department of the organization.
- Complete end to end planning, direction and co-ordination of all the manufacturing processes.
- Evaluate and suggest recommendations on the manufacturing qualitycontrol processes, types of manufacturing methods to be adopted, list of processes to be followed, and tooling and suggest fixturing.
- Manufacturing engineer should spend time on research about the tools, methodologies and processes and find out solutions to improve production efficiency and report the findings to the organization.
- Calculate workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize workspace effectively.
- Calculate production cost, time involved, existing production resources, and human resources and do a proper estimate and recommend it to the organization and also estimate upcoming manufacturing requirements and help the management to take right decisions.
- Estimate the number of production personnel for a project, calculate the time involved and related costs for doing the project, clearly provide direction, training to the production personnel about the work flow, create a layout about the equipment?s in order to get higher level of production efficiency.
- Research and create new methods of manufacturing processes and recommend the organization to achieve maximum production capacity and efficiency.
- Analyze manufacturing methods, production processes and also the production schedule involved in delivering the project. Get all these details and submit to the management with statistical data which in turn help management to clearly identify the future requirements of manufacturing.
- This position requires a 4 degree in an Engineering discipline, or Engineering Technology discipline. A BSME, BSEE, BSMET, or BSEET degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years in automotive field in high volume production
- Understanding of lean principles with demonstrated application is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook) is required.
- Vision system programming experience is a plus
- Experience with Automated assembly equipment is a plus
- Experience with Robotic assembly equipment is a plus
- Working knowledge of SAP, Infor system is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.