Mandarin Translator at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Mandarin Translator for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Mastery of Mandarin Chinese (Main Land China) and English languages
- A motivated, detail oriented, fast learning and committed individual with self initiatives.
- The ability to actively collect and summarize the firm wide precedence and past cases to build a ready available basis for new tasks and challenges.
- A proven work ethic and the ability to anticipate needs, service team members and clients, and coordinate the activities of others.
- 3+ years professional work experience in an office environment working with and as part of a team, preferably in a professional services organization.
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Bachelors degree desirable.
- Prior experience working with an architecture, engineering, construction or import/export firm highly desirable.
- Project, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.