Senior Account Supervisor, Public Affairs at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman New York seeks a Senior Account Supervisor to join our Public Affairs team. If you’re a proven rock-star communications professional with experience leading education and public affairs clients, we want to hear from you.
As a SAS, you’ll:
- Play a major role in the creation and execution of communications programs for education clients (including universities, K-12 schools, community-based organizations and ed tech startups), as well as NGOs more broadly focused on addressing societal and humanitarian issues (including nonprofits, coalitions, associations and foundations)
- Oversee operational performance of accounts, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence
- Supervise junior staff by motivating, coaching and consistently providing feedback
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion, by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Drive media relations including creating and driving outreach plans, media strategy, message development, management of events, coordination of media tours, effective pitching and training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations and growth of contact network
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving both traditional and social media outreach plans, as well in thought leadership, executive positioning and stakeholder engagement programs
- Serve as daily client contact and act as client lead when appropriate; address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Have a spirit of innovation, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take risks and be motivated by the mutual success of their clients and their career
- Have at least five years of relevant experience in public relations
- Be a guru in the communications space and media industry and particularly interested in education
- Ideally, you should also have experience in digital communications and community management, specifically when it comes to managing social content for C-Suite or top-tier executives.
- You should have a long-standing track record of developing and executing successful media relations programs with an agency or as an industry practitioner and be able to lead day-to-day requests autonomously.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related field