Electrical Controls Tech / 2nd Shift - Shakopee, MN
at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Shakopee, Minnesota
Job ID: 121142
Northfield is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Job Description Summary
- Manufacturing Equipment maintenance and repair
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment issues and make necessary repairs
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain accurate records
- Ensure safety guidelines are followed and properly documented
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Maintenance of buildings and facilities
- Other duties as assigned, as needed, in order to satisfy customer needs
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in training, education or 5 years of experience in maintenance and controls
- Repair and programming of Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and other manufacturers programmable logic controllers
- Repair and programming of Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi & other manufacturers HMI’s
- Experience with Ethernet communication systems
- Repair and installation of variable frequency drives including Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Mitsubishi
- Ability to maintain and repair mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronic control equipment used in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Ability to size & run conduit & wiring
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
- Hydraulics, pneumatics and plumbing knowledge
- Able to work any shift
- Operate mobile equipment
- Lift tools, machinery parts and other objects weighing up to 60 -80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching
- Standing for extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust and dirt
- Computer skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Northfield is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Northfield is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.