Buyer II - Grocery / Frozen / Dairy - West Region Office, Commerce CA at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Commerce, California
The Buyer II maintains responsibility for the profitable procurement and timely delivery of products for an assigned category, handling inventory management and replenishment duties for approximately 40 vendor groups. This individual works closely with Category Managers to achieve the goals of the category business plan and provides supply chain and inventory management support for a promotionally active desk and corresponding financial accountabilities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reviews acquisition costs to ensure items purchased are at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
- Assesses current inventory to determine order quantity.
- Completes purchase order input based on review of stock status report and safety stock levels.
- Works closely with customers to forecast ad and promotional demands and moves up vendor orders when necessary. Conducts post-promotional reviews and analysis to determine if promotional requirements were met and if there were problem areas. Develops solutions.
- Works with vendors to adjust incoming orders, communicate late orders, or rush purchase orders to accommodate sudden changes in demand.
- Conducts logistics planning processes while ordering products to attain the best net product price possible.
- Reviews and analyzes daily and weekly reports to check service levels and inventory turns. Makes adjustments as needed.
- Resolves store billing and distribution issues or questions by interfacing with distribution and store associates.
- Maintains assigned SKU integrity maintenance in system.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations to manage purchase order activity and maintain proper product flow through the facility in a timely manner.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, accounting, or financial management practices preferred.
- At least 2 years of buying experience required.
- Grocery or retail experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising methodologies and practices. Store department managerial experience preferred.
- Understanding of procurement, logistics, and inventory management practices. Familiarity with category business planning.
- Computer aptitude with the ability to use spreadsheet and word-processing software.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Experience taking initiative and making appropriate decisions.
- Planning, organization, and strategy development skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.