Senior Electrical Technician at DRS Technologies
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As a Product & Test Engineering Technician, the successful candidate will be involved with the design and development of test systems to measure the functionality and integrity of products and services. Writes test procedures to assess product reliability and evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications. Calibrates test systems and equipment. Debugs test hardware and software. Involved with the overall development of optical systems.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Education: Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years experience in troubleshooting circuits and / or electronics test design.
- Capable of working in a Class 100 Clean Room
- Self-starter with excellent verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to perform a wide variety of tasks and processes
- Ability to work with minimum direction/supervision, regular reporting of progress and status
- Computer literate & skilled in use of MS Office
- Detail-oriented, creative problem-solver
- Experience with Visual Basic, VB Scripting, C, C++, Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience with testing imagining detectors, such as infrared detectors or equivalent
- Familiarity with MatLab or MathCAD programming language
- Familiarity with FPGA design tools, such as Altera or Xilinx
- Familiarity with analytical methods; ability to follow a DOE precisely and make sound decisions when deviations are identified
- Proficiency with electronic instruments and test equipment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Calibrates test equipment and systems
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with production test systems and makes modifications and improvements as needed
- Compiles and evaluates process or product design and test data.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Capable of lifting up to 20lbs, 20% of time
- Walking up to 25% of time
- Climbing up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Standing up to 10% of time
- Stooping up to 10% of time
- Kneeling up to 10% of time
- Travel up to 15% of time
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS