Transactional Buyer at American Water Works Service Company Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Voorhees, New Jersey
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The Transactional Buyer position provides procurement transactional support to the business by maintaining, monitoring and participating in procurement activities. Competitively bids products and services as required. Ensures suppliers vendor records and purchase orders are accurate and complete. Performs analysis and audits to ensure the proper delivery of products and services while maintaining internal controls, operational excellence, financial integrity and customer service objectives.
- Purchase goods and services as required, either from previously established sources of supply or select new qualified sources of supply.
- Participates in the negotiations and administration of applicable agreements.
- Receive requisitions from the business and execute transactions to create and approve purchase orders in a timely manner following AW’s procurement processes, controls and policies.
- Troubleshoot problematic transactions and resolve purchase order invoice price issues in a timely manner.
- Management, and Taulia utilization.
- Communicate and facilitate the resolution of all purchase order and vendor master discrepancies. Conduct reviews for use of preferred suppliers; accurate pricing, appropriate coding and tax payer identification (1099) process. Perform Sales and Use Tax updates as required to maintain accuracy of purchase orders.
- Monitor process compliance and provide feedback and training to improve Business Partners understanding and execution of the purchase order process
- Research, analyze, prepare, and communicate reports on the purchasing process and internal controls (for example, open orders or vendor master statistics) and provide action plan follow up
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of purchasing processes from Supplier creation to goods receipt
- Understanding of database management concepts Knowledge of payment terms
- Knowledge of Sales and Use Tax
Functional / Technical Skills
Learning on the Fly
Experience / Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 2 years’ of professional work experience
- Exposure to procurement and supply chain
Join American Water. We care about water. It's what we do.®
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.