Senior Communications Planner at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Oversee financial and operational performance of multiple accounts simultaneously, ensuring quality work, deadline and budget adherence, and that plan creation and execution map to goals
- Counsel clients and troubleshoot client and internal issues
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting internal and client materials and correspondence
- Set and lead both traditional and social media relations course
- Use relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
- Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Introduce clients to new capabilities, initiate new business process and display strong presentation skills during client pitches
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
The senior planner must have at least five years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
The senior planner should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, experience effectively managing multiple sizable account (including financials) and serving as the daily client contact simultaneously. S/he should have superior written and verbal communications skills along with the proven ability to consistently make sounds judgments and effectively motivate and manage teams.