Buyer II at Dentsply Sirona
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milford, Delaware
Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. As The Dental Solutions CompanyTM, Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better, safer and faster dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in York, Pennsylvania, and the international headquarters is based in Salzburg, Austria. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY. This position is location in the heart of Southern Delaware; located just 25 miles north of Rehoboth Beach and only 20 miles south of the state’s capital, Dover. Also, we are centrally located east and south of Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington DC. Whether standing at a scenic point along the downtown River walk, or spending the day at one of Delaware’s beautiful beaches, know that underneath the calm tranquility is the energy of a community on the move!
Great opportunity to join our Purchasing Team as a Buyer.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Must maintain the highest level of ethical conduct while servicing the needs of the plant in providing a quality product in reasonable time at competitive prices.
- Responsibility for vendor qualification in assuring reliable resource with a quality product applies.
- Pricing and terms negotiations once qualification as “Approved Vendor” is established applies.
- Execution of the Purchase Order contract requiring a full understanding of the contractual obligations of both parties-both expressed and implied applies.
- Assurance that these obligations have been met prior to payment by A/P’s applies, including handling and adjustments as required.
- Support the management of capacity issues within the supply base to meet production requirements
- Negotiate pricing and execute purchase order contracts with a full understanding of the contractual obligations of both parties
- Assist in coordinating divisional alignment with companywide procurement initiatives
- Participate in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
- Support the development and execution of negotiation strategies
- Work with all functional areas of the business to achieve cost reduction targets
- Handle supply issues impacting the manufacturing plants, manage quality issues and support quality organization to implement plans to improve supplier quality
- Work closely with stakeholder in the RFX processes to obtain fair pricing and select quality vendors and contractors for goods, services, construction, and capital items
- Maintain global contacts to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of decisioning
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business operations management or other business related field
Years and Type of Experience:
- 0-3 years related experience highly preferred
- Familiarity with Dental Consumables product line highly preferred
Key Required Skills, Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong collaboration, team building, and development skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and stress management skills
- Ability to work within a rigorous quality system environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to email@example.com. Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.