Purchasing Specialist at Thermote en Vanhalst NV
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Olathe, Kansas
We are One. That’s the foundation of our company culture at TVH. We’re the worldwide leading supplier of quality replacement parts, safety equipment, and accessories for the material handling and industrial equipment industry and we’re growing our team!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Determine daily order quantities thru the use of available tools
- Place, monitor, and expedite orders with approved suppliers
- Direct ship from TVHBE when possible to expedite B/O
- Determine logistics to fill B/O by utilizing our DC direct process
- Monitor stock and ordering levels to ensure optimum inventory turns
- Work with other sales departments to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Assist Accounts Receivable with invoice discrepancies
- Work with vendors to insure the best pricing and resolve issues that may arise
- Work with Pricing to unsure correct pricing for all OE product
- Assist Quality Assurance, Receiving, Shipping, and other Operations departments with expediting product
Knowledge and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years Material Handling or purchasing experience preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, peers, and customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Special Skills (preferred):
- Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Access, and e-mail)
- General Knowledge of Office Equipment, e.g; Fax Machines, Scanners, etc.
TVH offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, access to an onsite health clinic for you and your family, vacation and sick time, as well as retirement plan. And, if you need to take a quick break, take a lap around the TVH campus and earn points through our Wellness program or grab your laptop for a quick walk on one of the treadmills located on our Olathe campus. That’s just the start. Want to learn more and see our dynamic work environment? Take a virtual tour by clicking here. Don’t wait a minute longer. Apply today to join the TVH team.