Buyer- Service Parts at Terex
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redmond, Washington
Buyer- Service Parts
Posted Date 17 hours ago
Job ID 2017-36100 # Positions 1 Category Supply Mgmt and Trans Posting Location Redmond - WA - USA
Terex is a global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services that deliver lifecycle solutions to maximize customer return on investment. Terex delivers lifecycle solutions to a broad range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, refining, energy, utility, quarrying and mining. Terex reports in three business segments: Aerial Work Platforms; Cranes; and Materials Processing. Terex offers financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. For more information about Terex, its products and services, visit www.terex.com and/or www.facebook.com/TerexCorporation
Terex Strategic Sourcing Initiative
As part of the implementation of our 'Execute to Win' business system, Terex has launched several major initiatives to better understand how we operate in certain areas. Two major initiatives are in Strategic Sourcing and Parts, Services and Lifecycle Solutions. The ultimate intention of these initiatives is to develop strategic sourcing excellence and expand our parts and services businesses. Wave Teams have been established using a standard 11 step methodology to source specific categories, phased over the next several years. Advanced capabilities and performance in these areas will improve our margins and underpin our drive to achieve Operational Excellence.
About the Position
Title: Buyer, Service Parts
Reports to: Director Service Parts Sourcing
Reporting to the Director, Service Parts Sourcing, this position plays a key role in developing and executing our strategies with responsibility for sourcing service parts in assigned categories, utilizing the global leverage of Terex ensuring that Terex globally and regionally achieves best value in cost, quality, reliability and service. This will require collaboration across our Parts business, product segments and geographies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and management of assigned categories, applying the 11 step methodology process.
- Partnering with the Parts organization to ensure seamless execution of our parts strategy
- Working closely with regional sourcing VPs and category leaders to integrate service parts into our overall category strategies
- Manages supplier relationships and leads supplier management activities
- Manages transfer of past agreements
- Negotiates and manages category contracts, supply and logistical conditions
- Selects suppliers in the event of changes in line with authorization rights
- Clarifies and defines technical specifications and quality standards with internal departments
- Recommends suppliers/products for supplier specific or non standard parts for approval
- Conducts price comparisons and value analyses to optimize the procurement situation
- Conducts supplier assessments based on defined criteria
- Updates pricing sheets and pricing changes ensuring high data quality in the systems and compilation of performance figures
- Co-ordinates joint cost reduction initiatives with suppliers
- Four year degree in a relevant discipline such as supply chain, operations, engineering.
- 2 or more years experience in purchasing/procurement or supply chain position
- Track record of success in purchasing/procurement with specialization in direct materials buying and/or service parts
- Experience working in an environment of a long term strategic partnership with measurable performance indicators
- IT skills - Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access
- Financial acumen
- Exposure to disciplines such as Total Quality Management, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production sytems, DFF or Demand Flow Technology would be advantageous
- Analytical skills
- Strong negotiations skills with demonstrable knowledge and expertise using proven negotiation methods
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to consistently demonstrate the Terex Way values
- Results driven, action oriented
- Process discipline
- First class communication and collaboration skills with the ability to develop relationships across levels, geographies and segments
- Planning and project management skills
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Must be willing and able to travel as business requirements dictate
Apply for this job Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Your application choices are:
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
To search for more jobs, go to http://jobs.terex.com