Senior Corporate Data Strategist at Verisign
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reston, Virginia
Verisign, a global leader in domain names and Internet security, enables Internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names and provides protection for websites and enterprises around the world. Verisign ensures the security, stability and resiliency of key Internet infrastructure and services, including the .com and .net domains and two of the Internet’s root servers, as well as performs the root-zone maintainer functions for the core of the Internet’s Domain Name System (DNS). Verisign’s Security Services include intelligence-driven Distributed Denial of Service Protection, and Managed DNS.
The Senior Data Strategy Engineer works with the Verisign Strategy and Analytics team to help discover insight within large amounts of data that lie across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will have not only hands-on experience analyzing large-scale datasets but also an ability to translate data analysis into strategies that align with corporate goals. This role requires a candidate with a mix of technical ability, leadership, and presentation skills. It should be someone who has a knack for sifting through data and creating engaging stories around market intelligence, competitor benchmarking, internal capability gap assessment, and other strategic initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Consult with internal stakeholders to identify business problems and map them back to analytics objectives
- Collaborate with the team to package deliverables in articulate and business-intuitive presentations
- Exhibit strong analytical, project management, storytelling, and communication skills
- Provide analytics and data science thought leadership for the department
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, or other deep learning languages
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to extract the context of the data through standard data analysis methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities
- 4 Year / Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent work experience in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3-5 years of related experience Experience with large-scale data manipulation, analytic tools, and data visualization
- 1-3 years of related experience producing both tactical and strategic analytic products and briefing senior level managers
- Development experience in Hadoop MapReduce Environment
- Experience using scripting languages for data processing
- Graduate Degree or equivalent work experience in Economics, Statistics, MBA or related discipline
- Experience using Tableau to handle large data sets