Intern, UEG at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Responsibilities: The Intern is responsible for assisting with implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of accounts under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the account teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic understanding of principles of PR
- Basic understanding of clients’ business
- Participation in brainstorms when invited by the supervisor
- Read and identify media clips from clipping services and on-line resources
- Assist with monitoring client competition coverage
- Pitch the media under the direction of the supervisor
- Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
- Update media lists
- Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
- Familiarity with AP style
- Draft pitch letters and/or email pitch memos to vendors with the approval of the supervisor
- Conduct and compile research
- Basic understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Basic understanding of research and media list building tools
The intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of account service staff within a specific set of accounts. S/he must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and superior verbal and written communication skills. The Intern is generally someone who has recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and is looking for entry-level experience in Public Relations. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong writer. Familiarity with the Public Relations discipline through past coursework or other internships is desirable.
Intern candidates must have interest in the public relations field and possess good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.