Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are looking for a seasoned and savvy technology communications professional in Seattle, at the Account Supervisor level, to join Revere, an agency backed by Edelman, to focus on high-growth tech companies. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your communications expertise, creative brand storytelling prowess, and forward the integral role communications marketing plays in all facets of technology. You will manage communications programs on behalf of enterprise and emerging technology accounts, and will also have the opportunity to participate in new business and marketing integration efforts.
An account supervisor is responsible for managing her/his project teams’ performance as it relates to client service and quality control. S/he will understand Revere’s various consulting processes, approaches and capabilities, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement and stakeholder mapping exercises, and be able to recommend appropriate tactics to clients and lead small teams on project implementation. Expected competencies include:
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, and operate as day to day client contact
- Effectively handle all aspects of proactive and reactive media relations projects from initial planning stages to pitch development and placement, ensuring accurate message-pull through, with full command of AP style
- Leverage existing relationships with technology and business journalists and develop new relationships on behalf of clients
- Demonstrate practical and advanced understanding of visual communications, social media, collaborative technology and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these channels into client programs and use these tools to implement client collaboration
- Generate original ideas for sustainable online community engagement, help integrate them into plans, measure and evaluate them to ensure they contribute to client goal achievement
- Create comprehensive content strategies spanning owned, social, traditional and hybrid media channels and implement public relations tactics to meet client objectives
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion by working closely with team members to keep them abreast of timelines and deadlines; anticipating challenges; ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content and oversee work products of more junior staff to ensure quality and consistency
- Coach and support more junior staff by providing ongoing, constructive feedback
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation
- Assist with the development of accurate project budgets using the firm’s financial system, and effectively work within account budget parameters and deadlines
- Commit to continuous learning; set and pursue stretch goals
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The account supervisor must have at least four years of relevant experience in communications marketing and/or related fields including public relations, research, media and publishing
- S/he should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and a proven ability to manage large projects as well as small teams on one or more sizable accounts
- S/he will have a comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members
- S/he will have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- S/he will have demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit the work of others at or below his/her level
- S/he will be able to work with senior staff to develop and execute communications plans based on client goals
- S/he will be familiar with best practice communications tactics and public relations tools and will be able to recommend them to his/her clients
- S/he will have the ability to act as a daily client contact and to be responsible for client-related finance management, including managing large projects within budget
Revere is an agency within the Daniel J. Edelman Holdings family of companies and is committed to technology-related clients. Technology, industry and society are constantly outpacing each other. Sometimes amazing technology pushes new boundaries in business and society. Other times, societal needs dictate perceptions and use of new technology. At Revere, we find the watershed moments when an idea occurred, a collaboration was sparked or a course was changed. We help define the essence of a brand and create lasting connections with an audience. We put the crowd above the cloud. In a noisy market of products and campaigns, our talented team understands the powerful intersection between technology, business and society.